TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY AND SALE FOR THE ART SHOW
By submitting your works you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Each art work must be the original uncopied work of the exhibitor.
- Each art work will be for sale at the price nominated by the artist on the entry form. Artist’s must remember to include GST where applicable.
- All entries must be made through the Gallery 247 on-line art and art show management system.
- Types, numbers and sizes of art works must conform to the “Acceptable Art Works" section of this website.
- All entries will undergo a Pre-Selection Process. The Organisers reserve the right to not accept a work of art and to limit the number of exhibits.
- Receipt of Entries. Works will be received at the reception point at The Ballroom, Town Hall, Burnside on Monday October 8th, between 6pm and 8pm and Tuesday October 9th, between 10am and 6pm ONLY.
- Exhibition of Entries. The Club reserves the right to exhibit publicly, such entries as its Selection Committee considers appropriate for a period commencing 7.30pm October 2018 and ending not later than 5.00pm October 16th 2018.
The Club may reject any entries and decline to exhibit any Works which the Selection Committee determines to be inappropriate for exhibition.
- All works must be original. If a piece of art is based on a photograph, it must have been taken by the artist.
- Sales at Exhibition. During such exhibition, all Works exhibited shall be available for sale to members of the public.
The Artist is invited to stipulate a selling price at the time of entry by completing and attaching to the reverse side of the Works submitted the 'B' section of the prescribed form. The price may not be altered by the Entrant (unless the Club is advised by October 4th 2018).
In the event that a sale is made within 14 days of the Exhibition by the Entrant to a member of the public who attended the exhibition, the Entrant shall account to the Club for 25% of the sale price.
Should a purchaser be found for a work/works prior to judging for the Burnside prize, the artist waives their right to be involved in the judging.
If an Artist has won an acquisitive prize, the Artist Agrees to the acquisitive sale prize less the 25% commission on sale.
- Commission. All proceeds of sale shall be collected in the first instance by the Club which shall be entitled to 25% (twenty five per centum) of each sale price as selling commission.
- Publication of Photographs. The Club may allow any Works entered to be photographed and such photographs to be reproduced in a newspaper, magazine, on television or Social Media.
- Variation of Conditions. For the proper and orderly conduct of the exhibition, the Club reserves the right in its sole discretion, at any time, without prior notice to the entrant, to amend, alter or vary any of the conditions of entry or to do any other thing which it thinks fit.
- Responsibility. The club will insure Works for recognised insurance risks whilst in the exhibition.
- Return of Entries. Any entry not sold during the exhibition must be removed by the Entrant from the exhibition site on either Tuesday October 16 between 6pm and 8pm or Wednesday October 17 from 9am to 1pm. Any Entrant not collecting an unsold entry in that time should phone one of the enquiry numbers listed below by Wednesday Oct 17th to make pick-up arrangements.
- Failure to collect Unsold Entries. If any Work is not collected by the Entrant or the Entrant's authorised representative by 4.00pm on November 16th, the Club, after sending by registered post to the Entrant at the Entrant's last known address, one month's notice of the Club's intention to sell or otherwise dispose of such Work, or in the event of the address of the Entrant not being known to the Club, then one month after advertising notice of such intention in a newspaper, circulating in South Australia, may sell such Works, and after deducting
from the proceeds the costs of and incidental to sale shall hold any balance for the Entrant PROVIDED however that in the event of such Work being in the opinion of the Club un-salable then the Club may, in lieu of selling the same, destroy or otherwise dispose of it or them in such manner as the Club may deem fit and thereafter the Club shall be under no liability whatever to the Entrant in respect of any Work so destroyed or disposed of. Any notice sent by post as aforesaid shall be deemed to have been received by the Entrant on the date when it would have been delivered in the ordinary course of post.
- Packaging. The Club is unable to guarantee that an unsold entry will be returned to the Entrant in or with any packaging in which it may have been submitted.
- Payment of Sales Proceeds. Cheques for proceeds of sales, net of commission, will be posted to Entrant by the Club within 14 days of the conclusion of the show.
- For the purposes of this Exhibition, a painting is defined as an original pictorial or abstract representation on board, paper or stretched fabric in (a) any medium applied by brush or knife; or (b) any of the following media or similar: pen, pencil, charcoal, pastel, collage, felt tip; or (c) any mixture of the above. The medium or mixed media must be accurately described on the entry form. If any intending entrant is in doubt about the acceptability of any base or medium or technique, please phone one of the enquiry numbers.
- Wet paintings will not be accepted.
- MAXIMUM SIZE (INCLUDING FRAME): 1 METRE WIDE BY 1 METRE DEEP.
If works are submitted larger than 1 metre x 1 metre, there is no guarantee they will be accepted. Please contact Chris Meldrum on 0419 038 495 for more information.
- Each entry must be identified by Gallery247 barcode at the back of each painting.
- Each work, whether framed or not, must be fitted with a secure means of hanging.
ENQUIRIES Email Phone
Cathrine Greven firstname.lastname@example.org or 0400600816
Chris Meldrum email@example.com or 0419 038 495
Dates - The key date related conditions are as follows:
- Art works will only be considered if they are submitted by the Closing Date for Initial Submissions as detailed on the Key Dates section of this Website.
- Accepted art works must be delivered to the Art Show venue during the dates and times set aside for Delivery as detailed on the Key Dates section of this Website. No late works will be displayed.
- All art works must remain on display for the full duration of the Art Show
- All art works must be collected from the Art Show venue during the designated Collection times as detailed in the Key Dates section of this Website.
Fees and commissions:
- An entry fee, as detailed in the Fees and Commissions section of the this Website, will be charged for each art work on submission and payable via the online entry system. Entry fees are not refundable.
- A commission, detailed in the Fees and Commissions section of this website, will be deducted from the catalogue price if the work is sold.
- Prizes will be awarded in designated categories detailed on the Prizes section of the this website.
- Prizes are at the sole discretion of the Organisers and/or the appointed Judge. The Judge’s decision is final.
- The Organisers and / or the Judge may decide not to award a prize in a given category for a given year depending on the quality or number of works exhibited.
- Whilst all reasonable care will be exercised by the Organisers all entries are submitted at the total risk of the Artist. The Artist indemnifies the Organisers against any claim, loss or damage of whatever nature or cause however occurring and whether directly or indirectly relating to entered works or their delivery.
- It is strongly recommended that suitable insurance covers be enacted by the Artist for the duration of the event.
- Artists accept responsibility for freight and other charges incurred in the delivery or return of an entry.
- Artist’s are responsible for keeping their mobile, email address, GST and EFT payment details up to date on the online system to ensure they receive updates before, during and after the Show, and the appropriate payment for sold artworks.
The Artist hereby authorises the Organisers to photograph, video and/or publish your work for the purposes of producing a catalogue or otherwise promoting the Show by any means.